[squeakland] Found Bug But Not Sure How to Proceed To Fix

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Mar 3 12:44:50 UTC 2018

On 3 March 2018 at 02:37, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Does anything bad happen if the "expandBy: 1" is removed? I tried removing
> it
> in my Squeak trunk image, and "CompassDialMorph new openInWorld" (which is
> one
> user of TransformationMorph) seems to work nicely.

​I bet it's there to avoid gribblies left behind when dragging.​ The damage
rectangle needs to be large enough to cover every pixel touched even in
rotated versions.

​Maybe the ​
​"​
truncated​ expandBy: 1
​"​ should be something like "rounded outwards"?

But generally speaking, as long as we have the warpblt hack + integer
coords instead of a proper hierarchical transform framework we will run
into these rounding issues again and again.

​- Bert -​