[squeakland] Found Bug But Not Sure How to Proceed To Fix

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 3 13:34:32 UTC 2018

I guess Etoys always had a bit of a preference for rounded corners and
softer shapes, so it may be expecting too much for rotated rectangles
all to grid nicely along their top (or left) edge. As it stands

- the expandBy: 1 ensures that the rotated ones are drawn down and right
from the non-rotated one

- even the rotated ones are drawn at differing positions within the
expanded bounds

- in trying to see if this second effect is an error or some profound
mathematical truth, I noticed (in versions 3.2 through 5.1 anyway) that
the fallback code in WarpBlt>>warpBitsSmoothing:sourceMap: does not
function correctly in all cases. To see this, get a RectangleMorph and
rotate it with the blue handle. Then comment out the primitive call in
WarpBlt>>warpBitsSmoothing:sourceMap: and try rotating the rectangle
again. Different, eh? I guess figuring this out is the first step in
seeing if the rotated rects could line up nicely.