[squeakland] Ran out of space while loading?

Jeremy Landry hakyoku at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:29:46 UTC 2018

Okay, so I probably should have taken care of this 'bug' before it became
an issue.  I know how to fix it, but was in lazy mode.

Basically, I have a ton of copied images that are stored in memory so this
project is 45MB in size (the fix involves saving the original reference
only and then all of the objects that have the copies revert their images
to dots on closing the project or page of the book they are in and then
using that reference on load to restore their graphic).  When loading it
errors out with disk space low error, meaning I cannot open it up anymore,
but it saved just fine.

Is there a way to get this project open by expanding memory temporarily for
the VM?

I promise to fix the problem as soon as I get back in there!  And don't
worry, I do have an earlier copy that does open that I can work with, it's
just that this one, I spent a bit of time in with the page in question
making some assets and wouldn't mind not losing them...plus if I run into
this problem in the future, I can solve it again.

Thanks for any help.

Here's the project in question if someone also just wants to hack it to
load properly or needs to see it if they have some magical smalltalk tools
that will auto-fix it.  I'm not aware of such things, so if you do
anything, please document it!  :)

​
 ---step 05.015.pr
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEv4NKIW-AdxzoQJ3XhXchtQSCKZXrXf/view?usp=drive_web>