[squeakland] Question about Audio Buffer/Timing

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:13:34 UTC 2018

Hi,
ScorePlayerMorph is the class that has best support for making music.( FM
synthesizer)

Try this do it:
| n score | n := 3.
score := (MIDIScore new tracks: ((1 to: n) collect: [:i | Array new]);
trackInfo: ((1 to: n) collect: [:i | 'Instrument' , i printString]);
tempoMap: nil; ticksPerQuarterNote: 96).
ScorePlayerMorph openOn: score title: 'empty score'

In the opened ScorePlayerMorph click on PianoRoll.
Right click on the opened PianoRollScore and select 'add keyboard' in the
menu.
When you click on the opened keyboard it records to the PianoRollScore

You can select different instuments in the ScorePlayerMorph.
Muting the different instruments in  ScorePlayerMorph to add/edit  the
PianoRollScore¨
Clicking on 'oboe1' you get a meny to select different FM synth premade
instruments.
The bottom of that menu give you 'edit oboe1'

Selecting this will give you a DNU because the image does not have class
ScaleMorph anymore.
It can be found in old images and filed out. There where some licensing
issues and I think maybe the
author passed away before the class could be re licensed.

Anyway, enjoy :-)

These tools funktion but have MANY rough edges and a lot can be done to
improve them.

Best,
Karl