[squeakland] Where to discuss strategies and tools for a comeback of Smalltalk using Scratch as entrance

bernhardHoefner bernhard.hoefner at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 11:30:01 UTC 2018

thanks for your reply, Yoshiki, Jecel and Tobias.
Pyonkee is very interesting, especially because as I understand, it is a
Smalltalk running on an ipad. By using all the sensors of the pad, it should
be possible to write apps with connection to the real world (but I was not
able to manage it yet). Unfortunately - and I dont know why - it is only for
ipad and not for iphone.

Because there is no discussion started about my underlying question, I try
to continue it on pharo list. I think, many of the participants in squeak
list are also participants there. Further I think, that scratch could be a
good starting point Tobias mentioned the https://programmieren.wdrmaus.de
project which again shows that Scratch is spread and willingly used. May be
it is not such important, which porting is used as long the "project" code
is interchangeable, which means that the Smalltalk-based implementation
should be maintained and always be up to date. I dont know if someone takes
care about that.

Due to nuScratch or Raspery Pi version I will answer at Pharo list

Thanks again and Regards, Bernhard

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/SqueakLand-f113713.html