[squeakland] Where to discuss strategies and tools for a comeback of Smalltalk using Scratch as entrance

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Oct 26 18:46:58 UTC 2018

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> Pyonkee (https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Pyonkee) is Smalltalk based
> Scratch that can run on iPad.  A strange name but it is a nice port
> with enhancements of Scratch 1.4 and it's been popular.

Fantastic! And I see that this had reached one million downloads back in
February. It is really nice to see this happening and to the the effort
of the iOS VM not being wasted.

Tobias wrote:
> there's NuScratch, tho

That is the Raspberry Pi project that got cancelled last year in favor
of the Javascript-based Scratch 3. But obviously it is still available
for people to use, which is the great thing about open source.

-- Jecel