[SqNOS] PCI Bus Scan

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Thu Jun 29 17:22:04 UTC 2006

hi, I just uploaded a screenshot showing  SqueakNOS scanning the pci bus.
click on the images in the swikit: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1762

My next thing on the list is to implement vmware's ethernet card, I have
three options (as you can see from the screenshot):

AMD Am79C790, PCnet Lance PCI Ethernet Controller
Intel 82545EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller
VMWare Inc. VMXNET PCI Ethernet Adapter

I'm going to work on the first (AMD), mainly because I think it's the
most common of the three to exist outside vmware, and also, and probably
more important, because GRUB has support for it, and I can get the
minimum information to make it work out of GRUB's sources :-)

    any ideas, as usual, are welcome.
    gere

PS: I'd love to know if anybody managed to recompile SqueakNOS, or to
rebuild or reboot with a custom .image. Or if anybody is working on
something, or anything else related