[SqNOS] Building SqueakNOS

Javier Pimás elpochodelagente at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 00:43:17 UTC 2011

Hi Ryan, I'm happy to hear that you are working on SqueakNOS! I don't know
the exact errors you are having but I can think of one cause: the image you
are using is from march, and the svn trunk has been heavily updated since
then. Usually both image and svn working copies have to be in sync for
everything to work. Also, as we don't want to have compiling problems and we
want to have a working version most of the time, we don't update our svn
working copy regularly. For example my working copy is r2249,
from 2010-07-28. I'd recommend you trying with that one or a slightly newer
one. We should update both image and svn and generate a new release, maybe
at esug we'll have time. By the way, are you attending there?

Best,
Javier

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Ryan Macnak <rmacnak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I find myself with time to work on adding the Newspeak bytecodes to
> the SqueakNOS kernel again, but I'm having trouble building the kernel
> (without changes) from the latest release.  It may be that I am using
> the wrong sources since I don't see a VMMaker config file.  I am using
>
> Squeak platform sources from
> svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk squeak-svn
>
> SqueakNOS platform sources from
> git clone git://squeaknos.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/squeaknos/squeaknos
>
> SqueakNOS VMMaker from
> The image in SqueakNOS-BootableHD-21-mar-2011.7z
>
> Is this the correct setup?
>
> Ryan

Lic. Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires