[SqNOS] Small fix and questions

Ryan Macnak rmacnak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:38:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

The keyboard event integration needs a small change to work with
Squeak4.2.  In PS2Keyboard>>newKeyboardEvent:type:
at: 6 put: 0
needs to be
at: 6 put: aCharacter asciiValue
The Pharo-based image continues to work with this change.

I notice the idle primitive is implemented with a HLT now, but
SqueakNOS still uses full processor for me.  Any idea why?

I see what looks like work-in-progress for paging support.  What would
paging support be for?  A traditional operating system would use it to
isolate processes in separate address spaces, but Smalltalk is already
pointer safe.

Finally, what license is SqueakNOS under?

Thanks,
Ryan