[SqNOS] SqueakNOS on Dell Optiplex

Javier Pimás elpochodelagente at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:03:56 UTC 2011

A nice way of starting is booting and going step by step in simple tasks.
For example, to see what happens when you write to disk, add this to
ATADevice>>at: method

ShouldHalt ifNil: [ ShouldHalt := false. self halt ].

if sources are loaded (which I think it's true), when you open a method in
the browser the breakpoint will be reached.

to understand squeaknos internals, the blog
<http://squeaknos.blogspot.com>is a good start.

As for the Pharo VM, you may want to read

http://book.pharo-project.org/book/Virtual-Machine

but if you are just starting, I would recommend playing with the live system
a while before getting to the internals.
<http://book.pharo-project.org/book/Virtual-Machine>
Regards!
          Javier.

Javier Pimás