[UI] More feel observations

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Dec 5 20:00:01 UTC 2007

Gary,

That would be great, though please leave out the activation, Windows
Genuine Annoyance(TM), black screen of death, slow copies, etc. ;)  It
certainly is not a high priority, but would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com 12/5/2007 1:24:18 PM >>>
I could do a "VistaryBasic" subclass, just like ms, lol!

Schwab
> Sent: 05 December 2007 6:05 PM
> To: ui at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> Subject: RE: [UI] More feel observations
>

> Gary,
>
> My v-key complaints are mostly limited to the numeric keypad, but I
> _think_ it is a little broader than that.  Indeed, the Windows VM
does a
> better job, even getting stuff like control-shift-arrow to work
> properly, at least as far as I use them.  Just so I do not sound like
> walking shortcut table, some of the weird sequences get exercised in
> proportion to the editing task.  I re-learn them in a hurry, when
> appropriate.  Home and end are staples.
>
> Vistary: I have been doing most of my Squeak hacking on a 1.8 GHz P4
w/
> 512MB, or so it claims.  It is an older machine, and is becoming my
bit
> bucket, which Gnome finds a little taxing.  A preference for
> translucency might be nice.  The truth is, even when the hardware is
up
> to it, I find the translucency a little distracting, especially on
> walkbacks.
>

> > (PluggableListMorph used to release
> > the keyboard focus regardless!).
>
> Thanks for fixing that, and more.  I will take another look at the
> preferences.  Maybe I have too much of a good thing in use??
>
> Bill
>

> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
> University of Florida
> Department of Anesthesiology
> PO Box 100254
> Gainesville, FL 32610-0254
>
> Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
> Tel: (352) 846-1285
> FAX: (352) 392-7029

> Thanks for feedback, I'll make some comments...

Windows