[UI] MVP (was How can targets better track the mouse?)

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 2 21:16:24 UTC 2007

Jason,

Rob Gayvert talked about that as part of wxSqueak - I do not know how
far he got, and I have seen rumblings about a morphic that is
wx-friendly.

If we get too many people involved, we will risk the same problems as
the Squeak community as a whole.  Too few, and we repeat mistakes and
miss opportunities to leverage existing work.

Details aside, I think MVP is the best thing since self-slicing bread,
and we would do well to bring it to Squeak.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com 09/02/07 3:19 PM >>>
How would it sound to start a project to bring MVP to Squeak?  I
really think a framework like this will bring us further then most
other things we could try.  And having MVP doesn't mean we can't use
Morphic for the view.

On 9/2/07, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Jerome,
>
> I suggest options to give your ideas a better chance to get into the
> image.  If Pavel's kernel gets into full swing, it might become less
> important, but right now, people can toil away at wonderful
innovations,
> only to be summarily rejected by the community.  Squeak could be
> Smalltalk's answer to GCC, but the community seems bent on preventing
> it.  I wouldn't care if it didn't have such great potential.
>
> Re MVP, my generic tracker target is certainly yours for the taking,
but
> it won't be much good w/o a working MVP environment.  You might grab a
> copy of the community edition of Dolphin.  You will find help from me
> and others on c.l.s.d.  After a short hazing period (everybody finds
MVP