[UI] Fwd: [Newbies] PluggableTextMorph and rubberband

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 4 16:08:06 UTC 2007

Gary,

My main concern about it is that it bounds (working from memory here)
the inner editor vs. the outer one, or something like that.  When trying
to change the background color, I had to deal with two critters to get
it to work, and it appeared to me that I had to modify methods vs. doing
it purely from "outside".

If it appeared within the bounds of the scroller vs. around the (dilated
when empty) current text, I would have been happy to see it.  IMHO, this
is a rough edge in morphic, not your work.

I have been attempting to make time to review ToolBuilder to see whether
or not it is involved in the creation of the browsers etc.  If it is,
perhaps we should work on a customized builder to replace the entire IDE
with your widgets.  Then we could fix the feel therein, and everybody
has what they want???  What I do not know is whether that is even
feasible.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com 09/04/07 11:18 AM >>>
The dotted border indicates the current keyboard focus... I can add a
preference if required, or, perhaps, a choice of focus indication
styles.