[UI] Fwd: [Newbies] PluggableTextMorph and rubberband

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 4 17:08:34 UTC 2007

Guys,

For the record, I can live with it either way, though I think that some
focus indication is a good idea - again, MS of old did it that way for a
reason, based on feedback from users, to whom they actually paid some
attention in those days.

The amount of text snared is really of little interest to me.  I simply
was reminded of the trouble I had changing the background color, but
that is a morphic/squeak but, not anything wrong with Gary's work
(though we might be able to improve things, or I could be missing the
correct way to change it in Squeak as-is).  More later.

This is quite low on my priority scale.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

On 4-Sep-07, at 8:18 AM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> The dotted border indicates the current keyboard focus... I can add a
> preference if required, or, perhaps, a choice of focus indication
> styles.
Whilst I'm not at all convinced that any special focus indicator is
needed, I am convinced that the aggressively visible dotted line
around the *wrong* area is a poor choice. Currently in an empty text
pane the dotted line appears around a single line instead of the
rather more logical entire text pane.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RP: Read Printer