[UI] What's next?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 23:11:52 UTC 2007

On Tue September 4 2007, Gary Chambers wrote:
> I have uploaded a new version of Widgets to SqueakSource.
> Hopefully adds "click to focus" functionality. Untested properly at the
> moment so holding off updating the Universe.
> Perhaps some brave people would like to have a go!
>
> Two extra preferences added: mouseClickForKeyboardFocus and
> windowsActiveOnFirstClick.
> The first covers the changes for making the #mouseEnter behaviour (i.e take
> keyboard focus) optional for most basic morphs.

Can you tell me what the difference between the current
mouseOverForKeyboardFocus and your new mouseClickForKeyboardFocus?

It would seem that when mouseOverForKeyboardFocus is false and clicking a
morph and entering text would be the same. The focus is still on the text
area that you last clicked even though the mouse is not over the morph.