[UI] We haven't discussed Host windows yet

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Sep 6 23:53:53 UTC 2007

On 6-Sep-07, at 12:02 PM, Jason Johnson wrote:

> On 9/6/07, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> Ffenestri simply provides the lowest level of support in the image
>> and VM to allow creation and manipulation of host windows. We left it
>> as open ended as possible so that later users could choose what use
>> to make of them. For example, using an undecorated window might be a
>> good way to allow proper popup menus even in OS/UIs where they
>> haven't advanced to that capability yet.
>
> Wow, that actually sounds perfect.  Was the plan to get rid of the way
> you create the initial window now and let Ffenestri do it?
That would be a good plan. It would require some work in the image of
course, but if one were intending to make us of host windows it would
need doing anyway, so no extra cost. IIRC I actually made the RISC OS
VM effectively do it under the covers for the 'main' window.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Sona si Latine loqueris = Honk if you speak
Latin.