[UI] Closing windows

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 7 18:24:54 UTC 2007

> Although, I just tried these and the followin didn't work for me was:
> * noWindowAnimationForClosing

Works fine for me!

> * windowAnimationDelay  - I changed to 1 with no effect

Depending on your machine's speed you'll probably not notice any change
under around 6 ms

> * windowAnimationSteps - changed to 4 and 1 with no effect

As with the above, unfortunately you must do a CMD-S in the text field to
save the value in the preference browser...

> The following did work for me:
> windowAnimation
> worldTaskbarWindowPreview
> windowsActiveOnFirstClick
>
> -----
> Also, I added this to the wiki page:
>
> - Suggest a preference to turn on/off the taskbar option.
> showWorldTaskbar
> only hides the task bar, it doesn't restore windows to their
> traditional
> position on the desktop (although new windows work)

The Taskbar does get deleted, just minimised windows remain hidden rather
than restored then re-collapsed using the original method. Will look at
changing to this behaviour.