[UI] We haven't discussed Host windows yet

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:18:56 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:

> > (1) appears to be fixed with Gary's new cursor movement, but the
> method
> > finder has been a terrible pain to use - try it with a very jittery
> > optical mouse for the full effect.  Likewise, though not as bad, in
> the
> > preferences browser.

Is the problem flaps?

> > (3) the browsers and compiler, at least in the past, have been a
> real
> > pain.  Sometimes I want to compile code that I know is not right,
> and
> > various prompts to get there are not appreciated.  If that has been
> made
> > optional, great.

This problem I don't have.  If I haven't accepted some code I like
that the window still shows modified.  Perhaps what would be nice is
to have tabs so that you can just have lots open (I do this with
browsers now) and you don't need to "save" code that's broken.

> > (4) inspectors: I am typically willing to discard changes therein,
> but
> > not workspaces.  When I last looked, the prompt to save option was
> > global enough to thwart allowing inspectors to close on demand but
> > workspaces to warn.

The ability to save workspaces in Dolphin was nice. :)

> > Again, Gary has put a big dent in the glitch list.  To not lose the
> > point, the comments below were to put perspective on the
> native/emulated
> > debate.  Gotta run.

Yea, totally amazing work!