[UI] Squeak's Menus (was: Re: [UI] Squeak's Menus Are Excellent/Awful)

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Sep 18 22:03:06 UTC 2007

I have problems with the menus, too. Not picking them up, but I do have
two recurring problems:

1. They lose mouse-over sensitivity. What that means is that you end up
with menus that don't track the mouse when it's over them. You can't pick
a sub-menu when that happens, and if you pick a command the results can be
surprising.

2. Trying to navigate to a sub-menu can result in all the menus vanishing.
I've had this happen a lot with making new morphs from the new morph menu.

So, to phrase it diplomatically, "Overall Squeak's menus are nicely
streamlined, but some aspects are problematic."