[UI] Fwd: Workspace backgrounds - almost there

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 27 23:21:55 UTC 2007

This should do it:

 http://needle.anest.ufl.edu/users/wschwab/UI-almost.png

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> Bill Schwab 9/25/2007 11:16:34 PM >>>
I did some fiddling to try to reproduce the installation problems I
had, added a reminder about the Damien's dev image to the UI swiki page,
downloaded it, and did an installation of Gary's widgets using
Monitcello.  Then I moved my BibTeX helper code into the new image.  I
appear to have made a happy mistake in the latter, capturing a change
that I considered redundant, and ended up with more or less the visual
changes I was trying to create, and grabbed a screenshot before I had
time to break it :)

I will probably send it to Gary as a start.  What is the proper way to
make it available?  I suppose the easiest thing is to put it on my web
page, but I have not yet learned how to use Linux to remotely access our
servers, so I can't do that right now.

When it becomes available, you will notice the background color of the
browser's and debugger's code pane.  I would hope for the debugger's
inspector panes to be so colored also, though they currently show it
only for the top line.  Ironically, the workspace in the image is not
correctly colored, though a newly-created instance has the correct
color, though, as in the debugger's inspectors, it shows the color only
to a point, after which the default white takes over.

Again, this is not a super big deal, but I find that similar changes
that OA made to Dolphin long ago grew on me.

Bill