[UI] Re: Fwd: Workspace backgrounds - almost there

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 30 15:47:31 UTC 2007

I really didn't do much, so the credit belongs to OA (for doing it in
Dolphin), Gary for the overall appearance, and Andy Tween's stunning
work on Shout.  Maybe Andy can give us some advice on where to change
background colors.  I could live with its being limited to Shout
workspaces - especially if the alternative is not having anywhere ;)
My only concern re Shout is that I typically do not use the workspace
extension, because I often use workspaces (the system window variety)
for notes more than code.

The ideal solution changes the background of workspaces in inspectors,
the debugger, browsers, and workspace system windows.  Basically,
anywhere do-it and friends are available, the background color is
appropriate.  If there is a good place to hack to get that effect, I can
certainly do it, but it seems that Squeak should be able to do this w/o
the need to edit code that is maintained by others.

It case you want to reproduce it, the color is

   Color r:1.0 g:1.0 b:230.0/255

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida