[UI] Diff tools.

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Apr 16 04:25:26 UTC 2008

On 15-Apr-08, at 9:09 AM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Hey, that's cool!
>
> For those that don't have the time to load the code, here is a
> screenshot (sorry for the additional traffic, but since there was no
> other response to this mail, I think it's appropriate ;) )

Yes, very cool.

I wonder if this could be adapted for merging in Monticello 2.
Currently there are 3 text panes: one for what's in the image, one for
the version being merged in, and a third one that represents the
result of the merge. The user can choose one of the first two
versions, or enter something else entirely.

I wonder if it would be useful to do a merge tool with three
horizontal text panes, with the center pane as the result of the
merge. Then there could be easy comparison with either the left pane
or the right pane. Thoughts, ideas?

Colin