[UI] Morphic restructuring

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Feb 16 21:32:57 UTC 2008

Tim,

Agreed, and then some.  I would not be upset by a framework that can
work down to the individual widget, but what you describe would give
most of the benefits of host integration and very few of the hassles.
In that, I am assuming (a safe bet I think) that Gary will ensure that
the feel is sufficiently configurable that we will not need an outside
framework to impose discipline re keyboard focus, etc.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> tim at rowledge.org 02/15/08 3:00 PM >>>

Our basic intent when designing Ffenestri was to allow pretty much any
usage. If you want to map a single SystemWindow level object to a host
window then that would be good and would match most needs in typical
applications. Don't forget to consider floating palette type windows
as well - those that accompany a main window and provide a palette of
tool icons etc. And menus could be implemented by opening a short
lived small window; this might well be much simpler and more portable
than trying to hook cleanly into every OS menu api, whilst allowing
the menu to be taller than a small app. window if needed.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 10) "This code is a piece of crap!  You have no
honor!"