[UI] Looking for a GridLayout

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:34:42 UTC 2009

Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:36:35PM +0100, Karl Ramberg wrote:
>
>> Matthew Fulmer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I'm looking over the various layout policies available in
>>> Morphic for one that aligns morphs in rows and columns (a grid
>>> layout). I see there is a TableLayout, but looking thru the
>>> code, it does not lay things out in a table (or grid), at all,
>>> but in a single row or column.
>>>
>>> In most user interfaces, dialog boxes are nearly always made up
>>> of widgets aligned in rows and column, with some widgets
>>> spanning several rows or columns.
>>>
>>> If anyone has something like that, I'd be grateful for it. I've
>>> been tasked to fix up the layout of some tweak dialog boxes in
>>> Cobalt, and discovered that Tweak's layout code is word-for-word
>>> identical to Morphic's, so anything anyone has in Morphic will
>>> work just fine for me.
>>>

>> I have used a change set mailed by (Alain Plantec ?) to the list years ago:
>> SFC-Layout-kfr.1.mcz
>> <http://www.squeaksource.com/HtmlTableMorph/SFC-Layout-kfr.1.mcz>
>> It's in http://www.squeaksource.com/HtmlTableMorph.html
>>

> Oh wow. This is perfect. Do you know if it is MIT licensed? I'd
> like to incorperate this into Cobalt.

I got it from the list (I think) a few years back, no license, not sure
who the author is...
Some comments are in French in there and initials where af or ap I
think. Alain Plantec ?
Not much help...
But the code is great for what it does and I wish we had it in the base
image :-)
I'll digg some more...

Karl