[UI] Looking for a GridLayout

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 04:56:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 07:00:04PM -0700, Brian Brown wrote:
> Have you ever taken a look at GuidedLayout on squeaksource? I
> definitely does grids, among other things, and its MIT

No, I haven't. I was in the middle of writing my own when I got
your email.

I don't get what it does or how to use it. It needs more
comments.

the one I'm working on is based on
https://tablelayout.dev.java.net/

which I was told in #squeak is the easiest one to use of all
he's tried. I attached the javadoc HTML page which overviews how
to use it, which is all I used of it. I'm about 60% through
implementing it, and it looks to be 5 classes and about 40
methods, plus lots of comments. I'm writing it for Tweak, but it
should be straightforward to port to Morphic, as the layout code
is nearly identical between them (just a half-dozen methods with
different names)

I'm writing it because we have a lot of traditional dialog boxes
we need to layout in Cobalt.

PS. I made a trivial fix to GuidedLayout. I changed all _
assignments to := so that it can load in Cobalt:
http://www.duke.edu/~mtf4/GuidedLayout-mtf.20.mcz