[UI] Centering elements in TableLayout

Esther stern.taler at arcor.de
Tue Mar 16 16:12:15 UTC 2010

> You might check your wrap setting, see that it's off.  I think
> cellPositioning should be on the parent element, the container of the
> others, and set to #center..

Thanks for your quick answer.

Which wrap setting do you mean?

#wrapDirection is set to none, #wrapDirection is by default set to
#topLeft.
I already tried to set cellPositioning: #center for the container, but
unfortunately it doesn't work.

It seems as if the following combination works:

vResizing: #shrinkWrap;
listCentering: #justified;
wrapCentering: #center.

#shrinkWrap avoids the spaces from getting bigger while scrolling,
listCentering: #justified puts the inner elements below each other and
wrapCentering: #center puts everything to the center.

But I don't really understand how this works and why listCentering:
#center is not the right option...Morphics and LayoutPolicies seem to
be some kind of dark magic.

Greetings,
Esther