Thanks for all your help!

Simon Ford simon.ford at mookstar.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 22:12:31 UTC 2008

Hi!

Thanks for all your help on wed, and in particular to John for
alerting me to your meetup; it was great to come and meet you all, and
it was particularly nice to have such enthusiastic help diving in to
the depths of Squeak/Scratch/Smaltalk.

For those interested, the Scratch source code we were playing with
that night was found at http://scratch.mit.edu/pages/source

Whilst we didn't manage to get it working, it felt like the conclusion
was that what I was trying to do certainly wasn't impossible. If
anyone is up for helping see if a prototype could be brought to life
i'd be very greatful as it still feels a bit beyond me at the moment.
I'd love to get this working and see what potential it might have.

I'll try and make it down again if you have another meetup, perhaps
having had a bash at learning Squeak beforehand! If that tutorial that
was being worked on is made available somewhere, please point me at
it.

Thanks again,
Simon