Introduction

Steve Wart steve.wart at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:55:31 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I just joined the list and thought I'd drop an introductory note.

Some of you may know me from the #smalltalk irc channel. I have been using
VisualWorks and GemStone since about 1993 (so I'm unfortunately biased to
some of the older ways of doing things - like Envy).

I'm originally from Vancouver, Canada. I moved to Zurich in 2001 to work
with UBS on their Settlements and Confirmation system with the DBO team. DBO
is a VW/GS-based system and the team is very tight-knit and experienced. I
really enjoyed working there.

I gradually started doing more project management in 2003, working on .NET
and Java development projects. I relocated to London in September 2006.

I was working on applications for credit derivatives operations and exotic
interest rate derivatives until November last year when I was laid off due
to the downturn in the credit business.

In the meantime I've decided to get back into more practical (!) things and
have been getting up to speed with Seaside and GemStone/64.

I'm looking forward to getting together on the 5th and the 8th and finding
out what everyone is up to.

In addition to e-mail and my mobile you can get in touch with me on skype,
facebook and linkedin.

Regards,
Steve Wart
m: 07517 465 943