[V3dot10] Re: Current Harvesting Process

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Apr 16 11:36:39 UTC 2007

Hi Edgar,

on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:50:43 +0200, you wrote wrote:
> Thanks:
> Klaus , I send direct to you some what have
>
>> By the way I have serious problems into incorporate yours
>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6336
>
> You got it ?

Yes, and I replied to you directly 1st of April (perhaps still on your
jokes-to-be-read list? :)

The slowness during compilation of Mantis #6336 is a general problem since
(aDictionary hash), which is used for binding class vars and other global
vars, hashes over all keys and the number of Unicode keys in Unicode's
class variable is *HUGE*.

But #6336 is worth the effort, it eliminates between 200KB and 300KB from
the image and cuts time consumption of #isLetter and friends by between
1/4 and 1/3 (IIRC).

Should find the maintainer of (aDictionary hash) and send her/him a note.

/Klaus