[V3dot10] Massive disk usage in last 3.10 updates

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 18 10:38:07 UTC 2007

El 4/18/07 7:02 AM, "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> take a fresh 3.10 7081: 16MB
> Update is to 7091: 36MB
>
> I follow the update process to determine what took that much space:
>
> - Update 7087 takes 6MB (http://ftp.squeak.org/updates/7087TallySupport.cs)
> - Just before saving the image size is 23MB
> - Just after saving it is 36MB
>
> Does someone have any idea?

Yes , sure you don't clean Monticello repositories.

Open Worspace and do

ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10 new flushCaches.
Building from fresh 3.9 and doing it fresh 7091 should be 14.9 Mb.
And the whole 3.10 history was there if no cleaning.
To date I don't have a Monticell to regular .cs way.

If some have the below suggested to me private , send to me and I put into
our Monticello version

>> when we load we have a
>> name empty and a MC with code.
>> I thinking in having only one and follow code what
>> produce the two .cs.
>> Look into MCPackageLoader > useNewChangeSetDuring:
>
> preliminary exploration:
> using #loadWithNameLike: baseName
>
> or:
>
> #useNewChangeSetNamedLike: baseName during:
>
> will probably work closer to what is wanted.
> baseName would be the descriptive changeset name.
>
> If that doesn't work. Write up a reproducable
> description of what you are doing (i.e. a small test
> case) and send it along.

The near to be released FunSqueak 3.10 (what some could see picts in list or
could test remote when I said before) is 24.6 Mb and have lots of things
inside

By the way I don't get how your dev is beta when we are in alpha  :=)

Cheers.