[V3dot10] Re: 0006583: PositionableStream>>back behavior is totallywrong

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed Aug 1 15:22:34 UTC 2007

Klaus,

I was just reading Damien's new code and even though the current
implementation does position correctly it returns the wrong value.  Damien's
code returns the proper back value and replaces #next with #peek, to leave
the position in the right place.

It's a good change.  Not sure I support leaving #oldBack for long though.
There doesn't appear to be much use of getting a returned result 2 positions
back from a call to oldBack.

Ron Teitelbaum