[V3dot10] Re: Monticello and 3.10

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Tue Aug 14 22:08:27 UTC 2007

"Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> writes:
> I very sorry you try to fit English unit measure pieces into Metric system
> holes  (or viceversa).
>
> If Ralph said I must put your Monticello into base, I put, otherwise must
> wait Board nominate you for next release build.

I fully agree, Edgar.  Please do not feel pressured.  We are talking
about core technology that the rest of us have to use.  While I hope
you can look at it, please take all the time you need.  What we
already have works just fine in a pinch.

Keith, have you considered posting your changes through the standard
process, namely the Mantis tracker?  If not, why not?

Others, have you tried Keith's patches in your own work?  How did
it go?

Finally, has anyone *reviewed* Keith's patches?  We can and should do
so to provide input to the release team.

Stepping back, everyone, please give some respect to each other.  When
you come in and say I am the only expert on this, so you should just
do what I say, it just irritates everyone.  Likewise for diatribes
about how there is no team here.  There is actually a lot of great
talent here, and if you listen to those who disagree with you, you'll
learn something and have a much more fun time with Squeak.

Lex