[V3dot10] Gamma?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Dec 15 11:03:32 UTC 2007

El 12/15/07 7:37 AM, "Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> escribió:

> Why are we calling an image "gamma", I dont think gamma means anything
> in software release life-cycle parlance.  I checked "software lifecyle"
> on wikipedia so it must be true.
>
> If we have a Squeak3.10g thats fine, but g refers to "Golden Master",
> i.e. the absolute final release!
>
> So are we at this stage or is "gamma" a "release-candidate" ?
>
> I dont think that it should be a release candidate if Installer is not
> the latest.
>
> Keith

Two things.

Installer is a package which could be or not in image.
With Universes , any could load your last version any time.

If Ralph agree, I plan unload all packages used for the building of the
release and not really necessary for the base image..

About gamma, is a word we use in Squeak before.

When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather a scornful tone, "it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean different
things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's
all."