3dot10 Status and what to do: Re: [V3dot10] Release team problems

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 19 11:45:33 UTC 2007

El 2/18/07 10:45 AM, "Klaus D. Witzel" <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> escribió:

> If Ralph does not respond to your message (say, within 48 hours or so)
> then the next hierarchy has to be involved. You'll need to prepare a
> consise message (when was last communication, what was last action, if
> appropriate) in order to not require the liason to find that out by
> himself.
>
> /Klaus

> It's a question of what is a package and what is safe at this time.
> You have a killer in your procedure, I was a long fan of your work.
> I don't wish change MinimalMorphic.
> Only I saying what if you agree on made several parts of your EToys-pk.4.mcz
> and maybe some changes to EToysLoader-pk.8.mcz for having a image derived
> from 3.9 and have your kernel as target for 3.11.

It's still hard to understand you, sorry. Do you mean derived image
that will have lot of own code and improvements?

> Maybe I should made a new "tentative" 3.10 tomorrow and put somewhere so you
> and all guys here could see and agree , disagree or propose changes.

That would be great.

-- Pavel

I put here the Klaus and Pavel views.
At
ftp://elpelotero@201-212-99-13.cab.prima.net.ar/Public/Squeak3.10alpha.7072.
zip
password: elpelotero

(on approximate 09:00 to 20:00 GMT)

What is this LAST try.
I take a fresh 3.9 .
Apply the last approved by Ralph ReleaseBuilder , plus removing a very
slight modification of current Etoys package.

You could look at ReleaseBuilder-edc.5.mcz
'http://source.squeakfoundation.org/310'

In that place you also found the .mcd produced by my version of requested
Ralph tool.
He likes the tool , but servers are configurated for have .mcz and made .mcd
on fly.
I send mail to he informing this at 2/2/07 and never have another notice.
What is very, very sad.We have many private mail exchange and I learn a lot.

I don't have a "name", but put tons of hours in Squeak at all levels and
specific in this release.

I asking for all support me, beg Bert could continue his needed advice.

I end with a famous song quote by Mercedes Sosa , "El tiempo pasa y nos
vamos poniendo viejos"

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!