[V3dot10] [ANN] Potential Tools Support for Process for 3.10 and 3.9.1

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sat Jan 6 11:34:38 UTC 2007

Hi keith

I do not have the time today to look at what you did but this is
going in the right direction
Now of course they was a process in 3.9, I hate when people can say
or even think about that.
Have a look at the scriptloader class in 3.9

The principle was the following.
	we created a list of packages + some possible initialization actions
and cleans that were available on the squeafoundation squeak  source
	then we issued a cs that was published on the server that would load
the script.
	for the changes that we could do with MC we issued a simple cs on
the server.

So if the changes or MC would not have bug we could reproduce totally
an image strating with an old. we were not able because of squeak
mess (a category is not a package so sometimes you have circul;ar
dependency and also because when you fill in the code that modify the
UI and you do not have atomic loading it crashes).
So with atomic loading and MC2 we should be able to get there.

Stef