[V3dot10] [auto]

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jan 12 10:04:59 UTC 2007

Keith Hodges puso en su mail :

> 1) Installer unload: <pattern match>
>
> This unloads multiple packages using the Monticello unload function. It also
> removes the empty category, and updates any browsers that will get upset if
> the category map changes.

I said you private what I using Monticello and don¹t see the advantages of
having duplicate things.
Squeak have enough at this point
> 3) Have been discussing with Edgar the desirability of having tests in one
> package.
> The goal being easy load/unload of tests. I do not think that the one package
> approach is flexible enough and so I am working on a viable alternative which
> builds upon the 3.9 packaging divisions.
>
> a) So for step 1, easy unload of Tests, all Tests (even tests from non-base
> packages, as long as the naming convention is used. The following oxymoron:
> Installer install: 'UnloadTests', which simply calls Installer unload:
> '*Tests-*'.
>
> b) For easy reloading of tests three options come to mind.
> Monticello configurations
> Installer script
> PackageUniverses, Tests (sub)universe!
>
> I think that the most elegant of these would be the PackageUniverses option,
> but I suspect that the most pragmatic option will be the Installer script
> option, so watch this space.

Here I said again.
I work in two fronts. Also try to reshape packages as exist today for have
new ones what could be loaded into MinimalMorphic without problems.
We wish some closer to MinimalMorphic ? MinimalMorphic  don't have SUnit and
all related.

See image size with and without

| ladrillos |
ladrillos := Installer squeaksource.
ladrillos project: 'Ladrillos';
 install: 'Tests-edc.26.mcz'
('Tests' 'SUnitGUI' 'SUnit' ) do:[:ea| (MCPackage named: ea) unload ].
#(TheWorldMenu FileServices AppRegistry Preferences FileList) do: [:cl|
(Smalltalk at: cl) removeObsolete].

I think what this could be optional for people what wish small size, as I
test what loading again works.

Remember. All is subject to change and could be done different.
But change is needed or status quo wins.

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas