[V3dot10] Working with 3.10

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sun Jan 14 09:35:48 UTC 2007

> In one place of mail he said.
>> " This is the plugin code and has been folded into VMMaker.
>
> So before think try, I need VMMaker, the last one what I could found.
>
>> From SqueakMap
>
> 12-3.8b6 - VMMaker for 3.8 and 3.9 - beta 6 release
>
> I found and have complaints about:
>
> No FFI constants, fix loading  'FFI-Kernel-ar.7.mcz'.

I think that this is normal since andreas asked explicitly that we
remove FFI-kernel from 3.9

> Next complaint is about no KlattResonatorIndices, I load from last
> 3.9 7067.
> At initialize , still complain lack KlattFrame.

This seems strange because Klatt seems to me attached to speech.
So may be some part of VMMaker should be moved to Speech or Klatt
package.
Tim?

> I have VMMaker showing now for start experiments.
>
> The lessons.
>
> On working with 3.10 as with the others stripped images, at one
> point or
> other thins like this happened and sure the Undeclared Dictionary
> could show
> missing classes.
>
> The questions.
>
> How we could deal with this ?

I do not really understand your question but what would be important
is to have a source.squeakfoundation.org/310
where we can publish packages that are adapted for 310 (and may be
save on source.squeakfoundation/39a the right
version of VMMaker.

tim if you have that I can publish it in the source foundation.

Stef