EToys Tests thoughts [Was: Re: [V3dot10] eToys in 3.10 and beyond]

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 17 20:43:19 UTC 2007

On 2007 January 17 10:01, Ralph Johnson wrote:
> On 1/14/07, Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > The list describe tests I plan to create. I have little idea whether, if
> > implemented, this will help or not and I would appreciate any comments,
> > mainly on usefulness Steps 6 and 7 (8 and 9 are just expansions on 7) -
>
> I'm skeptical of step 6 but I think the tests in step 7 would be very
> useful.

Ralph,

Thanks for your feedback. I completely agree with step 6 breaking on
refactoring of message names, it should not be a test. I am now thinking it
could be useful as a utility (run manually) to support the process of
separating a module (e.g. etoys) from the image. As I hope any separated
module (etoys) would be loadable, the utility would compare whether messages
that existed before separation are still there after reloading the newly
separated module, does that sound useful or am I missing something..

thanks Milan