[V3dot10] Improved bootstrap for Installer

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 23:11:16 UTC 2007

Previously in command line invocations, Installer was used as the
startup document in order to "do its stuff". The version of Installer
invoked had to be an .st script and this required me to keep the .st
versions of Installer up to date with the most recent version in
squeaksource.

I have now provided a script which for use on command line invocations
which gets Installer directly from squeaksource, and then passes control
over to it as before to "do its stuff".

This script, called IBS (Installer BootStrap) is available at
http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/IBS

Example Usage:

#squeak my.image http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/IBS
path=squeak310.pbwiki.com/ in=From39To391 done=save&quit

back to hacking in ruby for a bit

cheers

Keith