[V3dot10] TestServer ideas and discussion

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 18 03:41:37 UTC 2007

On 2007 January 17 18:40, Ralph Johnson wrote:
> What I remember about the TestServer is that it is minimal image that
> writes results out to the file system.  There is a second system that
> reads the results and uses Seaside to display them to the world.
> However, the image under test can be small.
>
> Marcus Denker has a student working on it, and they were supposed to
> have results by the end of December, but I haven't seen any results
> yet.

I think Stef commented on it in another thread earlier (Monday 3:19 EST,
cannot I get a nabble link quick) that it is in progress but not ready yet if
I understand correctly..

Quote from Stef's email:

"Now if someone wants to have a look at what a student started to do I
can ask him again to publish it on squeakSource.
He could download an image, a VM, unzip it, (he had another part that
would run the test) but both parts were not connected.
The idea was to have a test server but he stopped.

You can find his code at http://source.smallhosting.info/
"

Milan