[V3dot10] making and recording changes

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 18 17:26:19 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> It seems to me that I already said that. But ask and I will repeat.

We did talk, but somehow I never realized that.

> Ralph this is what we DID for 3.9.

So, why did people complain that you did not have an update stream?

> But we put the precondition that any code loaded in 3.9 had to be
> physically present
> in the squeak source of the squeakfoundation server. So no dispersal of
> source. We had one and only source. Now people could develop where
> they wanted
> but we copied locally all the code.

That makes sense.  The way you would make a change "official" is to
copy it to the offical server.

> Have a look at the scriptloader and the cs that were issued to load
> the scriptloader
> scripts and run them

I've looked at the scroptloader and I did not figure this out.  In
general, saying "look at my code, it is all clear" is never true.  You
have to explain what is going on.

-Ralph