[V3dot10] making and recording changes

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Jan 19 10:23:00 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

Ok, I have two silly and probably totally way off things I wonder about:

1. Is there a major reason why we couldn't use a "good ole" update
stream in which we can mix:
	- Regular old style changesets, though typically phased out in favour
of:
	- Changesets that only load a *specific* MC snapshot (stored somewhere
where it never goes away)

Since I haven't looked at the architecture of 3.9 (ScriptLoader etc)
bear with me.

2. Couldn't someone take a stab at reimplementing ChangeSet in a
reasonable way? :) Currently they are quite confusing to the newbie (who
doesn't realize that they do not actually *contain* the code - just
references to touched methods). It seems to me that they would be much
more useful if they actually contained their state (when reified in
memory) and of course handled for example class renames etc better.

Or perhaps Colin has already done this too in MC2 - there is something
in there called Slices IIRC.

regards, Göran