[V3dot10] Proving the auto-build system

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 12:24:42 UTC 2007

I propose to use the process of rolling out a few useful fixes into 3.9,
to create a 3.9.1 as the test case for the new auto-build system.

Once the build system is in place, in a week or so, I would use the
build system to produce a 3.9.1 alpha. I propose to ask squeak-dev for
their favourite fixes and we have quite a few on the table already.
After 2 or three weeks of attempting to adopt these fixes and writing
tests for them, I would move to 3.9.1beta, where end users are
encouraged to give feedback on the results.

Then, from 3.9.1beta, we would write the code for updating the
repositories in squeak foundation in 39a. As user feedback from the
3.9.1beta enables us to go final, the repositories can be updated, and
an update stream which loads the new packages from the repositories can
be published, in order to deploy 3.9.1.

best regards

Keith