[V3dot10] And to 3.10

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 15:47:11 UTC 2007

> http://squeak310.pbwiki.com/From39To391MantisFixes
>
> is very pretty.  It is extremely readable, and so people are more
> likely to read it and to respond.  It is tied into Mantis, which will
> encourage people to use Mantis.  This is good.

thank you
> However, I see that page as a list of PROPOSED fixes, not what is
> actually used to build the released image.  First, I think we want to
I agree
> keep using Monticello like they did for 3.9.  So, "harvesting" changes
> means converting the .cs files that are usually stored in Mantis into
I dont agree with the need for a 'conversion'. Once you have a set of
fixes that are 'approved' you save all the MC packages and there you
have it. The conversion happens in the process.
> changes to MC packages.  Second, the changes should all be tested on
> our nonexistant test server.  Putting proposed changes in an Installer
> script is a great way to let others look at them and try them out, and
> will make it easy to test them.
>
> Keith, one problem with this way of doing things is that the scripts
> make great documentation of what went into the image, but only if 1)
> they are still there and 2) they haven't changed.  I am leery of
> leaving importnat, long-term documentation on a wiki that I do not
> host.  I think the solution is that when we harvest changes in a
For pbwiki, the autobuild system saves a snapshot of the entire wiki,
just in case it is useful. It can also save HTML pages with every page
change.

---

Keith