[V3dot10] [Q] About updates, take 3

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 24 18:06:02 UTC 2007

El 1/24/07 2:03 PM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> escribió:

> I'd strongly suggest to move update 7068 from the 3.9 stream to
> 3.10alpha. This will hurt all people who just try what the update
> button might do in the 3.9 release. They should not be taken to
> 3.10alpha without asking!
>
> What I wrote before, and what was done in former releases, was to
> have a changeset that *asks* people if they want to move their images
> to the next alpha.
>
> Any actual change to the image should be put into the 3.10alpha stream.
>
> - Bert -
Ok
I change and add some warning advice.
But then should be two updates cs

Some like this
'From Squeak3.8gamma of ''24 November 2004'' [latest update: #6664] on 6 May
2005 at 11:38:21 am'!
"Change Set:        advance38final
Date:            6 May 2005
Author:            Michael Rueger

Advance the version to 3.8 (final). Subsequent updates will lead to versions
3.8.x"!

"Postscript:
Advance the version number to 3.8 final."
SystemVersion newVersion: 'Squeak3.8'.
SystemVersion current date: '5 May 2005'.
self inform: 'You may now save this Version 3.8 image.
Subsequent updates will lead to 3.8.x versions.'.

!

!
For what then
7068 anvanceto3.10alpha (no procedure here)
7069 start3.10alpha (Strong warnings, asking , and THEN do the change)

It's ok this way ? and I follow ALL what you say, after read and understand.

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas