[V3dot10] The Welcome window

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jan 25 14:53:51 UTC 2007

On Jan 25, 2007, at 14:50 , Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I found in the beginners list masters often forget what we need
> more Squeakers and what a smile is better what hard opinion saying
> "you not ...'

Well, I do indeed think that a beginner should not use a bleeding
edge image. Just like there is a cool developer image derived from
3.9 with all tools pre-installed, there should be a "beginners" image
made from 3.9 which showcases all the good stuff that is Squeak. That
used to be called the "kitchen-sink" image, and it should be
configured to look as nice and inviting and helpful as possible. Once
3.10 is finished, another such image can be made, but not now.

- Bert -