[V3dot10] [Q] About updates, take 3

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 22:54:18 UTC 2007

No, it wouldn;t be a continuaqtion.  Right now there are both V39.sources*and*
V39.changes, which is bogus.
One way to think about htis is what would the files need to be if one were
to make a single install?  It doesn't make sense to have a sources file that
isn't specific to the install.  One should be able to install VM.N without
conflicting with VX.Y, so there shouldn't be *any shared files between
them.  But teh changes file issue is special.  One uses the chasnges file
for crash recovery, and so fillinjg it with stuff that's extraneous to the
developer is bad form.  How well do you expect a newbie to handle crash
recovery if they have to first work out what all that stuff on the changes
file is?