[V3dot10] Prototyping an autobuild system

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 16:44:40 UTC 2007

> So, you are saying that we do NOT use an update stream and do NOT use
> Montecello, but instead use scripts for everything?
>
> -Ralph

If it is easier to apply the fix to a package, and load the package from
MC then of course that makes sense. I do this with any package that is
being worked upon outside of this loop. For example SUnit/Test Runner
etc, and Installer. I am guessing that as the image gets slimmer, more
packages will fit this pattern.

What I am suggesting is to keep the option of using scripts for
refactoring, including stuff that is in monticello.

a. load monticello packages

b. apply refactoring as script
iterate changing script until happy

c. save monticello packages