[V3dot10] font and font test woes.

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 01:29:16 UTC 2007

Hi Ralph,

Look for senders of #isFontAvailable
tests that send this will change fonts.

I am still looking into the problem.

The language stuff has too many cooks.

both the 3.8 and the smalland stuff was integrated
into the 3.9 image. They both affected the fonts and
the font theme preferences.

There was probably no attempt (who had the resources?)
to reconcile or integrate the two.

I also already ran into bugs of major importance in
the smallland stuff. (one of the #isFontAvailable test
is mine for that very bug fix.) So I am suspicious of
the code and the coders (in a friendly bug tracking
way, I am an admirer of what they are trying to do
with the design.)

Squeak is starting to hit the babel limit.

mas a suivre :-) [more to follow]