[V3dot10] Re: Fwd: Fwd: Font bugs

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 17:18:27 UTC 2007

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for forwarding Andreas's reply.

The font problem is formally on mantis as #6571
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6571

A lot of the trouble starts in the Preferences. The
smallland stuff is coded by fearless designers (as in
full speed ahead. Damn the system crashes.)

It calls for a review and a refactoring.

>From Andreas's comments I wonder if there might be a
platform related method related to the crash. Find the
senders of any of the strike font names and look for
Win32 stuff. Andreas might be lucky enough to be using
a mac.

On a separate thought:

The lack of versions in 7122 and 3.9 is a great
hinderence in finding fixes. The obvious tests of
reverting and seeing if the problems go away is not
possible. If things get worse you might consider
getting a version made with all changes from as early
as possible (I suspect that means 6665 or something
later.) Audit trails are important to a bug tracker.

Thats all I can think of for now.